A woman suffered severe burns while she was using her mobile phone as her car was being refueled at a station in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 
The Director, Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Department, Chief Samsol Maarif Saibani who confirmed the incident said, “Numerous signs are posted at petrol stations warning customers against using their phone there, especially when filling up petrol as it could trigger a fire. However, these signs are often ignored.

“A spark ignited from the pump and triggered a reaction with her mobile phone.

“Firemen were alerted to the incident at 1.25pm and deployed five personnel from the Wangsa Maju Fire and Rescue Department,” Saibani said, adding that the woman sustained 60% burns.”

See Photos Below: 


Photocredit: New Strait Times